Wicked 13 Tattoos & Piercings offers piercing services of any kind. While almost any area of the skin can be pierced, there are some piercing types that tend to reject, or pull out of the skin as it heals—we do not recommend these types of piercings, and our staff will let you know if the piercing you’re looking for falls under this category.
Common piercings we do in our shop:
- Ears: lobe, auricle, anti-tragus, daith, conch, industrial, anti-helix, tragus, helix, and rook. We can also put in gauges, gradually increasing them to the desired size over several months.
- Nose: nostril, septum, bridge, high nostril, vertical nose tip
- Lip (any type and variation)
- Intimate Piercings
The piercing process is fairly quick and usually takes 30 minutes or less. First, we have you fill out the appropriate paperwork; then choose the jewelry. Next, we clean the area to be pierced and make a small pen mark for the needle. We have you take a deep breath in, piercing the area as you breathe out. We insert the jewelry immediately after piercing.
Robyn is a licensed permanent makeup artist. She has obtained multiple certifications including color theory and two master microblading.
Microblading, also known as microstroking, is an advanced brow embroidery technique whereby a superfine row of needles is used to create thin, hair like marks on the skin, which last up to 18 months.
It is ideal for creating a very full and realistic looking brow, and is becoming an increasingly popular method in permanent makeup.
It is quite similar to hair stroke cosmetic tattoo using the machine method, however the strokes are finer, and are not implanted as deeply in the skin. Therefore, cosmetic tattoo brows completed using microblade or microstroke technique are not as permanent. They are really to be considered semi-permanent, lasting usually around 12 months before a retouch is required.
During the treatment, after a brow consultation, the new brow shape outline is penciled on, the brow area is numbed, and then pigment is implanted into the skin using very tiny needle strokes. These are built up into the new shape, and the area gradually made denser with lots of tiny hair strokes, depending on the desired result.
The treated brows are usually a little tender, and the color a little darker than the healed result – but they are not normally so dark as to be unsightly. Normal activities like work and socializing can generally be resumed the same day. They lighten considerably to a softer tone over the next 10-14 days
Aftercare for piercings is not as in-depth as it is for of tattoos, but still requires a vigorous routine to avoid infection and insure proper healing. Here are some things you should do to care for your new piercing.
- Wash your hands before cleaning the piercing and do not touch it at all when your hands are not clean.
- Wash the piercing with warm water and non-scented antibacterial soap two to three times per day.
- Gently turn or move the piercing as you clean it to make sure soap gets into the opening and the opening does not grow around the jewelry as it heals.
- Avoid sleeping on the jewelry for the first three weeks if possible.
- A light, clear discharge, some dried fluid, and minor redness is normal--excessive discharge, bright redness, swelling, pain, and shiny skin are not. If you experience any of these symptoms or have any questions, please contact us immediately and we can help.
Our body jewelry is as colorful and creative as our tattoos. You should stick to simple, less elaborate jewelry for new piercings until your skin has healed and is less sensitive to heavier weight, pointed edges, etc. All of our body jewelry is made from surgical steel, as plastic or metal plated jewelry can corrode and flake into your piercing; causing irritation and possible infection. Wicked 13 Tattoos & Body Piercings has hundreds of designs available for purchase for piercings at any stage.